How do I set the address on the RF-172?
The RF-172 should now be addressed. The receiver will continue to blink for an additional 30 seconds allowing you to set additional devices to the same address.
- Press and release the black button on the underside of the receiver. The LED on top of the receiver begins blinking.
- While the LED on the receiver blinks, press the black SELECT button on the underside of the mouse. This sets the mouse and receiver to one of 65,000 random addresses.
The receiver LED is not lit
Ensure that the computer is powered on and the receiver is connected to computer.
Mouse cursor does not move
The RF-172 works, but other Wireless Computing keyboards and mice do not
- If the LED on the mouse flashes all red, select the address.
- If the LED flashes mixed red and green, reposition the receiver away from other equipment and as high as possible. Also, ensure the distance between the mouse and receiver is no more than 50 feet.
- If the LED does not flash at all, replace the mouse's batteries.
- Unplug the receiver and plug it back into the computer.
The RF-172 has the receiver's address but the other devices do not. Repeat the process of addressing each device. It's important to note that once you have set the address on the first device, you must address the next device within 30 seconds while the LED on the receiver remains flashing.
Cursor moves by itself or keystrokes appear from nowhere
Your receiver is within range of another Wireless Computing product set to the same address. Re-select the address.
How can I get instructions for my RF-172?
You can download a PDF copy of the RF-172 instructions.